Friday 26 June 2015

Five Pounds: The Possibilities

So after experimenting with a few different book making techniques I've decided to stick to the beautiful simplicity of a small hand stitched note book, made from carefully selected materials. Each little notebook feels like an individual piece of artwork and I enjoy making them just that little bit more.



I've also had my first sale, whoop! A friend really liked the miniature notebooks so she bought 5 for £5 which I'm really pleased with. We have a mutual love of notebooks and so I know they are going to a good home. This also put me in the dilemma of what I do with the £5?  Do I ...

- Splurge on a bottle of wine to celebrate?
- Buy some more materials to make more books?
- Put the money towards a table at a fair?
- Frame it.

My favourite option is putting the money towards a table at a fair. I have no idea how much fairs cost but I've already got lots of materials to get making with. In fact that seems like a good challenge to set myself: See how many elegant little books I can make with the materials I already have!

Better get to the studio!

(note to self: research fairs and prices.)

No comments:

Post a Comment