Thursday 8 October 2015

Challenge no. 7: 100 word flash fiction (to be record)

I was reading in Mslexia magazine about how there are loads of women out there writing and writing but most of what they write never gets submitted into competitions or for publication. I find my problem is slightly different, I love the idea of writing but I hardly ever seem to put it into practice. So I've set myself a challenge for October; I've written down 31 different writing challenges, some easy, some hard and folded them up into a box. Some are as simple as '100 flash fiction' and others 'spend an hour working on that novel you've been meaning to write for two years.'


So far so good, I've stuck to my challenges for a week and I'm quite enjoying the results. I wasn't intending to post any of them, as because as they are quick challenges the results are not very polished, but seeing as it's National Poetry Day I thought I might just share my '100 word flash fiction (to be recorded)' that turned out to read more like a poem...

'On one, stacked black morning, whilst walking Jack-attack,
I came across a shambled shack, deep down in cackling wood.
The Trees were dense down, in the dark and mossy oaked corner,
Above the door was a crooked name and a crow cawked on the roof.
I swear I saw the shadow of a hand, on the window sill,
I backed away into the black stacked morning.
Tip toed away to safety, with Jack-attack,
Packed next to me.'


No comments:

Post a Comment