Sunday 10 May 2015

The Paper Cafe



The first time I walked into Maxine's Cafe in Llangollen when I was a little girl I decided that I wanted to have my own second hand book shop. The building appears to be an old theatre, unique bits of architecture mixed in with all of the beautiful books with space downstairs for a cuppa and watching the world go by.

Whilst volunteering at The AirSpace Gallery years later I visited The Arts Organisation in Nottingham and that confirmed it. I walked past the box of books to swap and stepped into the cafe, a jumble of mix and match chairs, a huge selection of teas, some old school computers for internet access, an art exhibition in the back and upstairs studios. Wow! This is exactly the kind of atmosphere I want to create! I went on to be part of an exhibition in the gallery and if I'm ever in the city it would be the first place I'd head to.

I have no idea where The Paper Cafe will be, but it's going to happen one day and I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment